The all-leather, NFL-regulation football, inscribed -- 1963 Chicago Bears

Saturday, January 26, 2013

CALL ME MR. LUCKY


They really had me worried for awhile.

Sure I lost a grade level, and my wages are frozen until hell is. I have more work to do than I even knew existed in my department, and I get the challenge of doing it with a reduced staff.

But, I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm a survivor.

Yes I know, there will be more cut-backs even though no one will confirm what we all know. There is more politics being played around here than in the smoky, back rooms of Congress.

But, I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm a survivor.

The family atmosphere is gone, so are most of my friends. The company focus changed. They seem much more interested in their bottom line than in my fulfillment and growth.

But, I'm the lucky one, aren't I? I'm a survivor!

Making the cut, being a survivor, that's a good thing, right? Consider the other side of the survivor coin. What happens when a person does make the cut, remains employed or in a relationship he or she no longer has a passion for, is excited about or committed to and does not feel able to leave that job or relationship? Are these survivors really the lucky ones?

Lesson: Getting what you think you want may cause you to rethink what you think you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment