The all-leather, NFL-regulation football, inscribed -- 1963 Chicago Bears

Sunday, October 17, 2010

NEIGHBORS



Were you ever getting ready to walk your dog and really didn't want to? That happens to me a couple of times a week. Then I think of our ex-neighbors.

No, they didn't tell me I should exercise by mowing the lawn, weeding the garden, and washing my car or walking that head-strong Lab. As a matter of fact, they didn't have to talk to me at all. It's enough that they were there.

Our old neighborhood included a group home for physically-challenged people. When I felt too tired or thought I was too busy to walk, all I had to do was look across the street and see people in wheel chairs who couldn't do, and would probably give anything to do, what I was thinking of voluntarily not doing.

Lesson: Maybe you need to walk your dog just because you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment